Substitute positions available.
Positions available include both a.m. and p.m. daily routes, sports, and substitute drivers.
Competitive hourly wages.
- Must have a B class CDL with a P and S endorsement.
- Must have updated physical form.
- Must have updated fingerprint form.
- Subject to background check before hire.
- Must provide references.
- Must have a church affiliation.
Interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
1:1 Preschool Medical Aide
The 1:1 Medical Aide is responsible for monitoring and caring for the personal medical needs of a preschooler three mornings a week. Medical background required.
Part-Time Elementary School Paraprofessional
The paraprofessional is responsible for assisting the teacher with instruction and supervision of students in the classroom as well as supervision on the playground. Education degree or experience preferred.
After School Staff
This individual provides supervision and care for preschool and elementary aged children from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Custodian / Maintenance Assistant
Hourly Position – Full Time
Normal hours – 8 hours per day M-F 7am-3:30pm
The Custodian/Maintenance Assistant shall be employed on a twelve month basis with an allowance for vacation per Policy 5.05. The Custodian/Maintenance Assistant shall be employed on an at-will basis. This position is based in North Haledon, but requires traveling between all three EC campuses.
The Custodian/Maintenance Assistant will ensure the maintenance and repair of all facilities and furnishings used by Eastern Christian schools.
- Prepare facility for daily operations as may be required (e.g. disarming alarms, lights/HVAC, opening gates, raising flags, for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and safe for occupancy
- Snow and ice removal of all walks and building entrances
- Handyman maintenance for all ECSA buildings (including rental properties)
- Be available on an as-needed basis school-wide
- Lawn maintenance
- Empty trash receptacles
- Help unload supply trucks upon arrival
- Move furniture and equipment
- Perform minor building repairs, replace light bulbs, classroom clocks and other minor maintenance as needed
- Respond to in-classroom custodial emergencies such as: toilet clogs, cleaning up child related bodily fluids, and flooding/water emergencies
- Help in the set-up and break-down of facilities and equipment for special events
- May be asked to support special sponsored activities beyond normal work tasks and hours
- Maintain and conduct basic maintenance on equipment used for regular tasks
- General handyman skills in areas such as plumbing, electrical work, carpentry etc.
- Good ability to follow instructions and take direction to complete tasks and projects both independently and as a member of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Prior maintenance/handyman work experience (preferred, but not required)
- As set forth by the New Jersey Department of Vehicles and the United States Department of Transportation – Driver Training Manual – B Class – P&S Endorsements (preferred, but not required)
- Familiarity with the New Jersey laws and regulations (Code) for the maintenance and operation of a school bus (preferred, but not required)
- Acceptance of ECSA’s Statement of Faith
- A strong, clear, Christian testimony
- A mature, godly spirit
- A lifestyle of Biblical integrity
A spirit of dedication, commitment, flexibility, and responsiveness to the needs of others
- The ability to listen and respond to counsel
- The Custodian / Maintenance Assistant shall have a strong philosophical commitment to Christian education and the mission of Eastern Christian School
- 80% or more of this position involves physical activity including ascending and descending ladders, moving and installing equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- The person in this position is subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions including heat and cold without effective protection from the weather
- The person in this position is periodically in close quarters
- The person in this position frequently travels between three campuses
- The person in this position regularly operates machinery such as lawn equipment
Extended Day Coordinator
The Extended Day Coordinator plans, directs and supervises daily activities and clubs for PK-8th grade students. This position will work out of Eastern Christian Elementary and Middle Schools.
- Plan and implement daily schedule including student sign in, outside/gym play, snack, homework, activities and parent sign out.
- Plan a variety of club activities. Responsibilities include creating clubs, hiring teachers, purchasing needed supplies/snacks, registering students and coordinating billing.
- Ensure appropriate staffing for the extended day program.
- Promote and market the extended day program through internal and external channels.
- Develop additional programming that meets the needs of working parents during school vacations.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are met.
- Provide daily supervision of the program.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Good communication skills with people from many different backgrounds.
- The ability to treat all people with dignity and respect.
- The ability to promote a positive, caring climate for learning.
- Experience in teaching is preferred.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Acceptance of ECSA’s Statement of Faith.
- A strong, clear, Christian testimony.
- A mature, godly spirit.
- A lifestyle of Biblical integrity.
- A spirit of dedication, commitment, flexibility, and responsiveness to the needs of others.
- The ability to listen and respond to counsel.
- A strong philosophical commitment to Christian education and the mission of Eastern Christian School.
- It is anticipated that the person in this position will have regular, predictable on-site attendance.
- The person in this position regularly communicates with parents, students, and assistants and is the primary representative of the After School Program. Must be able to give accurate information in these situations.
- The person in this position is subject to regular levels of student playground and classroom noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the employee to raise their voice to be heard above ambient noise levels.
- The person in this position is required to move about the campus as required including work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Work involves office productivity machinery, such as a computer, copy machine, and printer.
- The employee must have visual acuity to perform the position’s key task of website and computer work, and making general observations regarding the students, campus and program.