Elementary School Paraprofessional (Part-Time)
Eastern Christian Elementary School is seeking a part-time Paraprofessional.
The Elementary School Paraprofessional assists the classroom teacher(s) with the instruction and assessment of students as well as additional assigned and clerical duties.
Assist teacher(s) with instruction in the classroom (i.e. work with small groups or individuals while teacher instructs and manages the class)
Instruct students outside of the classroom (i.e. hallway, conference room) as directed by the teacher(s). Instruction may include but is not limited to reteaching a concept, providing enrichment for advanced students, assessing students.
Assist teachers with safety precautions including fire drills, evacuation drills and lockdown drills.
Supervise students on the playground during recess: Circulate around assigned playground area to observe all students and ensure that students are safe and following playground rules. Allow for students to resolve conflicts. Step in as needed when conflicts escalate.Determine the need for students to visit the nurse during recess.
Create a safe, caring environment of acceptance and respect
Experience working with children is preferred.
Good communication skills with people from many different backgrounds.
Acceptance of ECSA’s Statement of Faith.
A strong, clear, Christian testimony.
It is anticipated that the person in this position will have regular, predictable on-site attendance.
The person in this position regularly communicates with teachers and students regarding their class work and day-to-day activities. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The person in this position is required to move about the campus as required including work in outdoor weather conditions. The person in this position is subject to regular levels of student playground and classroom noise.
Enrollment Management Assistant (Part-Time)
Eastern Christian School is seeking a part-time Enrollment Management Assistant. The Enrollment Management Assistant is responsible for managing data entry and flow of scheduling for enrollment support.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Scheduling support for events and tours
- Communication support
- Database management
- Office management
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Experience in office management
- Strong technology skills
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively between departments
- Possess a strong customer service orientation and a servant’s heart
- Be a strong proponent of Christian education in the Reformed tradition
Director of Annual Fund and Special Events
The Director of the Annual Fund and Special Events is the architect of the annual giving program and special events. This seasoned professional will lead the strategic planning, implementation, marketing, and management of annual fund solicitations for Eastern Christian School. This professional will be responsible for special events as well as the Annual Fund Program, writing direct mail and e-mail solicitations to ensure strong donor retention, reactivation, and acquisition of new donors. The Director manages donor data, gift processing, list management, analytical reporting, and gift tracking in collaboration with other members of the Foundation and Business Office.
The Director will devote 50% of the time to special events, 40% on the Annual Fund, and 10% on related tasks.
Organize and carry out major events:
- HomEComing, an annual reunion and community event held in the fall
- Auction Gala held in the early spring
- Oversee a volunteer-led golf outing and solicit sponsors
Develop the calendar of solicitations and strategy for Eastern Christian’s annual fund fundraising, including:
- Design and implement direct marketing solicitation strategy
- Identify, contact and persuade key alumni to serve as “Class Agents” to help solicit Annual Fund gifts
- Identify, contact and persuade select parents to serve as “Foundation Reps” to help solicit Annual Fund gifts from other parents whose children are in the same class.
- Design mailing list segmentation for appeals
- Create direct mail and e-mail content for appeals in collaboration with the Executive Director and Communications/Marketing Dept.
- Provide cost-benefit analysis of direct marketing projects
- Track and analyze response to annual fund appeals to assess performance
- Send appeals through Mail Chimp or other school system
- Organize and manage Giving Tuesday over the course of one-week, collaborating with the Executive Director on pre-solicitations of larger gifts to maximize “challenge grants” and “matching grants” to maximize fundraising efforts.
- Utilize data to benchmark efforts and inform strategic decisions
- Manage the logistics of New Donor Welcome Packages, ad hoc mailings, stewardship pieces and appeals, including for long-term donors and decade-long consecutive-year donors
The ideal candidate will possess:
- strong direct marketing and project management skills
- minimum of five years of special events and annual fund experience, preferably at an independent school, college or Christian organization
- Raisers Edge experience, especially with running reports, lists and queries.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- acceptance of ECSA’s Statement of Faith
- a strong, clear, Christian testimony
- a mature, godly spirit
Positions available include both a.m. and p.m. daily routes, sports, and substitute drivers.
Competitive hourly wages. (Can earn up to $20,000 a year working only 4 hours per day, 180 days per year!)
$1,000 signing bonus
- Must have a B class CDL with a P and S endorsement.
- Must have updated physical form.
- Must have updated fingerprint form.
- Subject to background check before hire.
- Must provide references.
- Must have a church affiliation.
Interested parties should contact email@example.com for more information.