Accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education, Eastern Christian High School offers a strong college preparatory program and general and business programs for students going immediately to careers. Well qualified instructors teach their subjects from a Christian perspective. Students are constantly challenged to put their faith into action. The “Faith in Action” program is one such project that requires students who enter High School to volunteer time for community service.
Parents and students applying will want to bear in mind that the atmosphere is distinctively and purposely Christian and that the course work is stimulating, challenging and rigorous.
- Four years of pre-college preparation in English, Math, Science and Social Studies
- Project Acceleration partnership with Seton Hall University. Students have access to classes bearing 41 college credits while enrolled in high school.
- Elective courses in Business, Art, Bible, Social Studies, English, and Science
- Outstanding music programs: Concert Band, Orchestra, Choir, and Honors Choir
- Resource Room for students who need individual assistance
- 40-minute non-graded learning period (SOAR) 4 days per week for non-traditional learning, remediation, and student leadership opportunities
Our Middle School is the bridge between elementary and high school. Here, 4th and 5th grade students continue in an upper elementary model. The upper elementary program is characterized by an integrated Humanities program and Science & Math experience in 4th and 5th grade. Students in 6th, 7th and 8th grade have a departmentalized structure, providing instructors who are teaching in their areas of expertise. At the same time, we recognize the unique needs of rapidly growing middle school students by offering a rich variety of academic and practical learning opportunities during daily “activity periods.” Conscious of the spiritual capacity of middle school students, all subjects are taught from a Christian perspective and help students make ethical decisions.
- Daily devotions and weekly chapel/small groups
- Service learning program (Make a Difference Program)
- Upper Elementary Program in Grades 4 and 5 (½ day Humanities, ½ day Math and Science)
- Departmentalized instruction in grades 6-8
- Advanced classes in algebra and geometry
- Resource Room to assist students who need individual help
- Outstanding music program offering Band, Choir and Orchestra with multiple formal and community-based performances and recitals
- State-of-the-art Media Center
- Competitive athletic teams in Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Cross Country, and Track
- 6th-8th grade 1:1 chromebook policy. Grades 4-5 utilize classroom sets.
- Full integration of the Google Apps for Education into middle school systems for student creation, collaboration and production
The Eastern Christian Elementary School offers a complete academic education with a spiritual dimension complementing the teaching of both home and church.
Teachers provide an environment where children feel secure, loved and respected. Students are encouraged to develop a love for learning as they develop basic skills for a lifetime of education.
- Daily devotions and Bible lessons, weekly chapel services
- 90 minutes of daily Language Arts instruction including phonics, reading, writing, spelling and speaking
- 60 minutes of daily math instruction
- Cutting edge technology for student use including computers, iPads, Chromebooks and Promethean boards in classrooms
- Comprehensive music program for Preschool-3rd grade
- Weekly specials classes in grades K-3 include Physical Education/Health, Music, Art, Computers and Library
- Before school and after school programs
Eastern Christian School offers a flexible kindergarten program featuring 5 full days, allowing parents to choose either a full or half day for Tuesday and Thursday. Parents may choose which option is best for their child and for the family schedule. Our kindergarten program is led by passionate teachers who are early education experts. In an exciting and nurturing environment, your child will develop critical academic foundations through developmentally appropriate hands-on learning.
- Heavy emphasis on phonetic development
- Exciting and relevant math, science and history lessons
- Daily Bible and prayer time
- Scripture integrated across all subjects
- Weekly music classes
- Stimulating physical education (twice weekly)
- Extended programs available
Eastern Christian Preschool exists to prepare young followers of Jesus Christ as they develop academically, physically, socially, and spiritually. Our program is fully accredited and developmentally appropriate. Eastern Christian Preschool and Kindergarten is located in its own wing of Eastern Christian Elementary School. Our school is located in a beautiful neighborhood in Midland Park, NJ. The health and safety of our students is very important. We have a school nurse as well as a director of security and safety on staff.
Eastern Christian Preschool recognizes that each child has been purposefully created in the image of God with unique gifts and abilities. Therefore, Eastern Christian Preschool utilities a teaching approach known as Developmentally Appropriate Practice. This means that we are continually identifying the developmental stage of each child in all areas of development: cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and spiritual. From there, we intentionally design play centers, projects, games, and literacy activities to support young learners as they progress to the next developmental stage.
Eastern Christian Preschool values play. We know that play nurtures every aspect of a child’s development. Through play, children establish the foundational intellectual, social, physical, and emotional skills needed for success in school and life. Children are learning when they build with blocks, paint a picture, swing on a swing, or make-believe. During play children try new things, solve problems, create, test ideas, and explore.
Our preschool students have a Christian faith-integrated curriculum. Each day begins with prayer and devotions. Our preschool students also worship the Lord through singing and learn a Bible story each day. However, our faith integration is not limited to Bible time. The children learn about God and his love throughout their day.