Thank you for your interest in applying to Eastern Christian School! This checklist will assist you in the application process for Eastern Christian School. If at any time you have questions, please contact our Enrollment Coordinator, at 973.427.4013 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see our application timeline
Apply Online Here!
In addition to the online application, Eastern Christian School requires recommendations from your church and current school. These recommendations are online forms completed at your request. All you’ll need is your Pastor and current school Principal name and e-mail address.
The current school will be advised to send a summary record that includes an IEP report (if applicable), report cards, standardized test scores, copy of birth certificate, etc.
Eastern Christian School
ATTN: Admissions Office
50 Oakwood Avenue
North Haledon, NJ 07508
Once we have received all documents, forms, and fees, the school will contact you with an admissions decision or to schedule an interview. The interview will be conducted in person at Eastern Christian School with the student and at least one parent attending. For those applying to Preschool, the child need not attend.
If all admissions requirements are satisfied, the EC Admissions Office will notify the parent that the student has been accepted as a new student!
Enrollment is complete once the financial contract is signed and the tuition deposit is submitted to Eastern Christian School. (And Variable Tuition Submission if participating.)
All new students entering Eastern Christian High School must schedule an appointment with the Guidance office for class scheduling and to complete a math placement test and a writing essay. Please call 973.427.0900 x 6008.
Students entering all grades will be contacted by the school regarding important dates for orientation, teacher assignments, supply lists, back to school night, etc.
After enrollment, the following will then be required to prepare for the first day of attendance.
Physical Examination Form
Tuition Management Form (for tuition payments) (FAQs)
Transportation Form(s) (if participating)
Additional Enrollment Information
Eastern Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, programs and activities made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics or any other school administered programs.
Applicants to EC will be considered for enrollment on a student by student basis according to the following criteria as applicable by grade:
- Christian Faith Commitment
- Family Commitment to Christian Education
- Report Cards
- Test Scores
- Educational Support Services Needed
- School recommendation form
- Pastor’s recommendation form
- Discipline and attendance records
Deferred Application Decision
Eastern Christian School frequently receives a significant number of applications for a given grade. In situations where demand far exceeds available space in a given class, Eastern Christian School reserves the right to defer enrollment decisions until April 15th.
Deferred Enrollment Decision
If a student has been accepted but the family chooses not to enroll the student for the specific school year they applied, they may pursue deferring a student’s start date up to 1 school year with a few necessary steps. To defer an admissions enrollment 1 school year, the application must be reopened within the year.
When re-opening an application, all grade-level eligible applicants will need to provide an updated report card/transcript and any test scores. Application updates are handled on an individual basis thereafter. The applicant may need to include any or all of the following additional items: updated school recommendation form, updated Pastor’s recommendation form, student assessment and/or shadow day and/or a follow up conversation with administrators and/or Education Support Services. Capacity constraints also apply.
A formal updated admissions determination for the new school year occurs. Enrollment for the following school year opens October 1 annually.
Wait Pool Policy
Eastern Christian School has been blessed with growing enrollment and with a large number of applicants every year. We value our small class sizes and low student/teacher ratio. While we are especially unique for a faith-based, our resources and programs are still limited. Therefore, we have developed classroom caps regarding the number of students we can serve and capacity constraints for each grade.
Applicants accepted to the waitpool will be contacted if/when a seat becomes available within the school year they have applied. If a seat does not become available within the school year of his/her application, the applicant will have the opportunity to roll his/her application to the following school year with a few updates, handled on an individual basis.
Eastern Christian School has developed the following process for any family pursuing enrollment in a grade level currently at enrollment capacity:
- Applicants must complete the entire application process including:
- All application forms, recommendation forms, any academic support documentation and all necessary transcript information
- An in-person interview with acceptance
- Upon acceptance, families will be notified that they have been accepted, but cannot be enrolled until space becomes available for their child/ren
- The Enrollment Office will notify families in the wait pool that they have been selected on a per-student basis as seats become available. Our annual re-enrollment deadline for currently enrolled families is March 31st.
- Upon selection, accepted families have one week to sign their contract and pay their non-refundable tuition deposit to guarantee their spot.
- Families in the wait pool receive the same non-discrimination status as all families in our school. This statement reads, “Eastern Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, programs and activities made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics or any other school administered programs.”