Thank you for your interest in applying to Eastern Christian School! This checklist will assist you in the application process for Eastern Christian School. If at any time you have questions, please contact our Enrollment Coordinator, at 973.427.4013 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
In addition to the online application, Eastern Christian School requires recommendations from your church and current school. These recommendations are online forms completed at your request. All you’ll need is your Pastor and current school Principal name and e-mail address.
The current school will be advised to send a summary record that includes an IEP report (if applicable), report cards, standardized test scores, copy of health records and immunizations, etc.
Eastern Christian School
ATTN: Admissions Office
50 Oakwood Avenue
North Haledon, NJ 07508
Once the we have received all documents, forms, and fees, the school will contact you to schedule an interview. The interview will be conducted in person at Eastern Christian School with the student and at least one parent attending. For those applying to Preschool or Kindergarten, the child need not attend.
If all admissions requirements are satisfied, the EC Admissions Office will notify the parent that the student has been accepted as a new student!
After acceptance, the following will then be required to complete the enrollment process.
Physical Examination Form
Copy of Student Birth Certificate
Variable Tuition Submission (if participating)
Smart Tuition Form (for tuition payments) (FAQs)
Transportation Form(s) (if participating)
Enrollment is complete once the financial contract is signed and the tuition deposit is submitted to Eastern Christian School.
All new students entering Eastern Christian High School must schedule an appointment with the Guidance office for class scheduling and to complete a math placement test and a writing essay. Please call 973.427.0900 ext. 4300.
Students entering all grades will be contacted by the school regarding important dates for orientation, teacher assignments, supply lists, back to school night, etc.
Eastern Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, programs and activities made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics or any other school administered programs.
Eastern Christian School Enrollment Office Wait Pool Policy
Eastern Christian School has been blessed with growing enrollment and with a large number of applicants every year. We value our small class sizes and low student/teacher ratio. Therefore, we have developed a “hard cap” classroom capacity for every grade in our school.
Eastern Christian School has developed the following process for any family pursuing enrollment in a grade level currently at enrollment capacity:
- Applicants must complete the entire application process including:
- All application forms, recommendation forms, any academic support documentation and all necessary transcript information
- An in-person interview with acceptance
- Upon acceptance, families will be notified that they have been accepted, but cannot be enrolled until space becomes available for their child/ren
- The Enrollment Office will notify families in the wait pool that they have been selected on a per-student basis as seats become available. Our annual re-enrollment deadline for currently enrolled families is March 31st.
- Upon selection, accepted families have one week to sign their contract and pay their non-refundable tuition deposit to guarantee their spot.
- Families in the wait pool receive the same non-discrimination status as all families in our school. This statement reads, “Eastern Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, programs and activities made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics or any other school administered programs.”