Who are we?
Founded in 1892, parent controlled Eastern Christian School provides Christ centered education to over 700 students each year at our three campus locations in Bergen and Passaic Counties. Each campus has an excellent Media Center, up-to-date technology, specially designed fine arts and music rooms, and spacious gymnasiums and athletic fields. The School receives substantial support from local churches, businesses, parents & alumni.
What does Eastern Christian believe?
“By providing an excellent academic curriculum, offering a variety of extracurricular activities, and assembling a caring, culturally diverse community, we, with the support of parents and local churches, empower students from Christian families to develop their gifts within the context of a Reformed Christian worldview so that they can act as Christ’s transforming agents in a global society.”
Is Eastern Christian one school?
Yes! However, we have three distinct campuses located in various towns throughout the area. Our high school (9-12th grade) is located in North Haledon, NJ. Our middle school (5-8th grade) is located in Wyckoff, NJ. Our Elementary school (K-4) and Preschool (3-5 years of age) are both located in Midland Park, NJ.
What curriculum does Eastern Christian utilize?
Across the academic spectrum from gifted to challenged, Eastern Christian focuses on learning appropriate for each of its students. In addition to a strong academic program, Eastern Christian offers a multitude of service opportunities, a fine arts program which promotes creative expression, and a vibrant athletic program. Nearly half of all high school students participate in sports team activities. Eastern Christian provides students with a nurturing community where they are academically challenged from a Christian perspective.
Is Eastern Christian accredited? Are the teachers certified?
Eastern Christian has 150 people on staff; 85 are teaching faculty. Most of our faculty average in excess of 15 years of experience at our school and approximately one-half have advanced degrees. Every faculty member teaching a core discipline such as mathematics, language arts, science, etc. is certified by the State of New Jersey, Department of Education.
Eastern Christian School is a member of Christian Schools International. Eastern Christian High School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
What are the demographics of the Eastern Christian student body?
Our students come from over 40 communities and 140 different Christian churches. Our student body represents a rich tapestry of ethnic backgrounds including African American (7%), Asian (18 %), and Hispanic-Latino (7%). Over 95 % of our high school graduates attend schools of higher learning and in the aggregate receive over $1 Million in scholarships and grants.
What is your annual tuition? Are scholarships available?
The tuition per student depends upon the grade level of the student and the number of children attending from the family. Tuition for the current school year can be found on the Tuition and Fees page. Scholarship assistance may be available for qualifying families.
How do I schedule a Parent Tour?
We would be happy to schedule a personal tour for you! Please contact the admissions office to schedule a tour of any of our campuses.
Do you offer student visits?
Yes! The best way to discover the benefits of an Eastern Christian School education is for your family to experience it first hand. Students applying to grades 5-12 are encouraged to spend a full-day with a student host attending classes and participating in the many exciting activities that occur during a typical school day.
Students in the lower grades are encouraged to spend ½ day. Please call the admissions office to request a student visit.
Does EC provide transportation for students to and from school?
Eastern Christian provides transportation for families who request it. We travel to numerous towns within several counties. Each school year we assess our boundary limit according to need. For more information about fees and Aid-In-Lieu, you may click on the Tuition and Fees page or call our Transportation Office directly at 973-427-2309.
What colleges and universities do EC graduates attend?
Eastern Christian School’s objective: To provide the highest standard of Christian education while challenging students with academics that will enable them to achieve success as they pursue their careers.
Some of Our Recent College Acceptances
- Allegheny College (PA)
- American University (DC)
- Andrews University (MI)
- Art Institute of Philadelphia (PA)
- Bentley University (MA)
- Boston College (MA)
- Boston University (MA)
- California Institute of the Arts (CA)
- Calvin College(MI)
- Carnegie Melon University (PA)
- Cedarville University (OH)
- Chicago State University (MI)
- Clemson University (SC)
- Colgate University (NY)
- Columbia University (NY)
- Cooper Union (NY)
- Cornell University (NY)
- Drexel University (PA)
- Duke University (NC)
- Elon University (NC)
- Fashion Institute of Technology (NY)
- Fordham University (NY)
- George Washington University (DC)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (GA)
- Gordon College (MA)
- Grove City College (PA)
- Hamilton College (NY)
- Houghton College (NY)
- James Madison University (VA)
- John’s Hopkins University (MD)
- Lehigh University (PA)
- Liberty University (VA)
- Marist College (NY)
- Messiah College (PA)
- New York University (NY)
- North Carolina State University (NC)
- Northeastern University (MA)
- The New School – Parson’s School of Design (NY)
- Pennsylvania State University (PA)
- Pratt Institute (NY)
- Princeton University (NJ)
- Purdue University (IN)
- Quinnipiac University (CT)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey (NJ)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (NY)
- Rhode Island School of Design (RI)
- Rutgers University (NJ)
- San Diego State University (CA)
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago (IL)
- School of Visual Arts (NY)
- Seton Hall (NJ)
- Smith College (MA)
- State University of New York at Stony Brook (NY)
- State University of New York at Binghamton (NY)
- Stevens Institute of Technology (NJ)
- Syracuse University (NY)
- Texas Christian University (TX)
- The College of New Jersey (NJ)
- United States Military Academy at West Point (NY)
- United States Naval Academy (MD)
- University of California – Berkeley (CA)
- University of California – Los Angeles (CA)
- University of Deleware (DE)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (IL)
- University of Maryland: College Park (MD)
- University of Pennsylvania (PA)
- University of Southern California (CA)
- University of South Florida (FL)
- University of Texas – Austin (TX)
- University of Washington (WA)
- University of Wisconsin – Madison (WI)
- Vassar College (NY)
- Washington and Jefferson University (PA)
- Washington and Lee University (VA)
- West Chester University (PA)
- Wheaton College (IL)