Why Eastern Christian School?
Parents select Eastern Christian School for their child for a variety of reasons. We believe that our Engaging, Nurturing and Transforming Experience sets us apart from other schools in the community.
The following is our top 10 list of what parents describe as the Eastern Christian School Difference:
1. Longevity – Eastern Christian is one of the oldest Christ-centered schools in the United States; it is actually the largest and oldest Christian school in New Jersey! For America… we’re pretty old! Founded in 1892, EC has remained committed to its mission of empowering and educating students from Christian families. We seek to launch out young people that are rooted in their faith and integrity and very well equipped to thrive as a leader in whatever sphere of influence the Lord is leading them. We’re focused on the 18-year old version of your child and scaffolding every year of their experience, in every facet– certainly academically, but also spiritually, emotionally, socially, and physically– to be working towards that goal!
2. Christian Worldview – There is a tremendous amount of influence that stems from your child’s school experience. We want to ensure we are partnered with families where our worldviews align. At the heart of an EC education is the foundation of a Christian worldview that is integrated throughout every class, sport, performance or activity. Every student at EC is challenged to grow in his/her spiritual walk through compelling chapels, service projects, and Christ-centered role models.
3. Safety – Safety is our first job. At EC, we work very hard to protect every student’s physical, emotional, social, and spiritual safety. From our Director of Security, a retired police officer, who ensures our facilities are secure physically and via personnel, to our Director of Technology, who supports appropriate student use and access is readily available and protected.
4. Comprehensive Education – Beginning in preschool, and culminating in 12th grade, students can experience an EC education in one school, where learning is scaffolded to provide for ample student support and challenge through compelling educators that contagiously inspire students.
5. Three Campuses – EC is uniquely blessed with three campuses—our Preschool & Elementary campus includes PK-grade 2, our Upper Elementary & Middle School campus includes grades 3-8, and our high school campus includes grades 9-12. Transitioning to the next division is often accompanied by an exciting time of increased responsibility as we celebrate student growth and the next step toward independence and launching out the next generation of leaders.
6. Challenging Academics – At EC, we deeply value the pursuit of excellence in academics. Accentuating that effort, students are propelled through a challenging education that prepares them for college and life. There are numerous opportunities for grades K-8 to engage student enrichment, from advanced math classes, Horizons (similar to gifted and talented programs elsewhere) for students that think outside the box, as well as a host of other personalized curricular elements through in-class instruction in ELA, STEAM, Math, and Specials classes. In high school robust course offerings further nurture differentiation and rigorous academics, as well as diverse subject matter, evidenced through classes bearing 37 college credits.
7. Nurturing Community – Students at EC become part of a nurturing community that is focused on the individual. It’s a lot like a family away from home. We’re humbled by our incredible retention rate. Once families become a part of EC it’s uncommon for them to leave, even for generations!
8. Outstanding Faculty – Not only are our faculty passionate about their faith, they are committed to instilling a love for learning in the classroom and engaging students in the pursuit of knowledge and truth. They themselves model the drive and love of being a life-long learner on a perpetual road towards constant improvement and advancement.
9. Competitive Athletics – Through our competitive athletic programs, students of all levels can play and participate. EC offers athletic opportunities in baseball, basketball, bowling, cross-county, lacrosse, volleyball, track, soccer, softball and tennis. Small enough to allow for ample opportunity to participate in a variety of extracurriculars, and large enough to provide a healthy challenge of competition, our size compliments athletes from a variety of involvement levels.
10. Creative Arts – Students are encouraged to pursue their artistic and musical abilities through classes and programs, ranging from performance ensembles in Chorus, Band, and Orchestra to visual arts, such as digital photography, graphic design, ceramics, and more.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time for you to take the next step and enroll at Eastern Christian School.