Eastern Christian Schools were established in 1892 and have a long tradition of strong academic programs and high standards. Eastern Christian High School provides the following:
- Strong university placement with 95% of students who go on to college
- Dual Enrollment Programs with 3 colleges allowing students to earn college credit while still in high school
- Individualized academic counseling beginning in eighth grade (4-Year Plan)
- Customized university counseling which includes advice on standardized testing, essay writing, and extra-curricular activities
- Tiered ESL support which includes diagnostic testing, multiple levels of ESL and writing instruction in small classes. ESL classes have an average teacher to student ratio of 1:8.
- Additional individual tutoring in academics or test preparation is readily available
- All classroom teachers are trained in meeting the academic and cultural needs of non-native English language speakers
- Extensive opportunities for involvement in extracurricular activities including athletics, music, and drama
- A 7th and 8th grade program which helps students acquire English and acclimate to an American educational and cultural setting. Starting Eastern Christian in 7th and 8th grade is highly encouraged as it provides students with a strong English, academic and cultural foundation before starting high school.