By the end of Preschool, students will be able to:
- Know and draw shapes.
- Know both capital and lower case letter symbols.
- Recognize that each letter symbol has a specific corresponding sound.
- Demonstrate listening skills by following 2-3 step directions.
- Know correct order through sequencing or retelling facts.
- Recognize number symbols from 1 to 20.
- Rote count to 30.
- Know and demonstrate 1 to 1 correspondence for numbers 1-10.
- Utilize the bathroom independently.
- Demonstrate proper hand-washing.
- Demonstrate balance in standing and hopping.
- Begin to use alternating feet for climbing stairs and skipping.
- Demonstrate hand-eye coordination when catching and throwing a ball.
- Demonstrate fine motor skills by using acceptable pencil grasp when writing and coloring.
- Write their name with upper and lowercase letters.
- Use correct grasp to cut accurately with scissors.
- Put on and zipper coat.
- Work independently without disturbing others.
- Become a contributing member of the class.
- Understand they are a child of God.
- Begin to understand that God is the creator of all things.
- Develop a curiosity about God’s world.
- Demonstrate Jesus’ examples of love and kindness through actions towards others.
- Know and dramatize Bible stories.
- Demonstrate proper attitude during prayer.
- Interact and plays with other children.
- Demonstrate cooperation in taking turns and sharing.
- Show responsibility for personal and school property.
- Work cooperatively in small groups.
- Demonstrate independence and motivation for doing things for self.
- Show concern for others.
- Express self, feelings and concerns
Kindergarten: Half & Full Day
Eastern Christian School offers half- and full-day Kindergarten programs, allowing parents to choose which option is best for their child and for the family schedule. Both programs are led by passionate teachers who are early education experts. In an exciting and nurturing environment, your child will develop critical academic foundations through hands-on learning. Program highlights include:
- Heavy emphasis on phonetic development
- Strong focus in mathematical concepts
- Exciting, hands-on science projects
- Relevant and fun history lessons
- Program led by Bible-believing teachers
- Scripture integrated across all subjects
- Daily Bible and prayer time
- Biblical worldview development
- Weekly music classes
- Regular technology integration
- Stimulating physical education (twice weekly)
- Extended programs available for working families
This catalog contains an overview of the courses available to students attending Eastern Christian High School and an outline of the graduation requirements. While a number of options are available in Mathematics, Business, Science, World Languages, Art, Music, and Bible, all students must enroll in a set of core courses during each year of high school. The purpose of this guide is to provide a comprehensive listing of the required and elective courses. Students, with the assistance of parents, teachers, deans, and the college and career counselor, should choose a program of courses that adequately prepares them to meet their future goals.