About Eastern Christian Middle School
Our Middle School is the bridge between elementary and high school.
Here, students continue learning basic skills and in addition learn study skills and habits necessary for serious academic work in high school. The Middle School program is characterized by an integrated Humanities program and Science & Math experience in 5th and 6th grade and a departmentalized structure, providing instructors who are teaching in their areas of expertise in 7th and 8th. At the same time, we recognize the unique needs of rapidly growing middle school students by offering a rich variety of academic and practical learning opportunities during daily “activity periods.” Conscious of the spiritual capacity of middle school students, all subjects are taught from a Christian perspective and help students make ethical decisions.
- Daily devotions and weekly chapel/small groups
- Extended Elementary Program in Grades 5 and 6 (½ day Humanities, ½ day Math and Science)
- Departmentalized instruction in grades 7 and 8
- Advanced classes in algebra and geometry
- Resource Room to assist students who need individual help
- Outstanding music program offering Band, Choir and Orchestra with multiple formal and community-based performances and recitals
- State-of-the-art Media Center
- Competitive boys’ and girls’ teams in Soccer, Basketball and Track
- 7th & 8th grade ‘One to One’ Chromebook initiative with class sets available for grades 5-6
- Full integration of the Google Apps for Education into middle school systems for student creation, collaboration and production