Welcome to Eastern Christian Schools
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the admissions area of Eastern Christian School. At Eastern Christian School, education is distinctly different. In the classroom, academics are taught from a Christian perspective, and teachers faithfully mentor students to become responsible stewards. EC provides a learning community that encourages students to recognize their gifts and develop their potential for service to God and their community. Students are challenged to reflect and to ask themselves how academics, the arts, and athletics are preparing them for a life of service. Across the academic spectrum from gifted to challenged, Eastern Christian focuses on learning appropriate for every student in its schools.
Eastern Christian School’s mission is to provide an excellent academic education in the context of a Christian worldview. It does that for 800 students from pre-K through high school on its three campuses in Midland Park, Wyckoff, and North Haledon. These students come from over 40 communities and 150 different Christian churches in North Jersey. 17% of the student body is African-American, Asian or Hispanic. They come to Eastern Christian for the outstanding curriculum, the individualized attention, the development of a keen moral sense, and a preparation for a life of Christian discipleship.
Take a look a Eastern Christian School
Eastern Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, programs and activities made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics or any other school administered programs.
Eastern Christian School Enrollment Office Wait Pool Policy
Eastern Christian School has been blessed with growing enrollment and with a large number of applicants every year. We value our small class sizes and low student/teacher ratio. Therefore, we have developed a “hard cap” classroom capacity for every grade in our school.
Eastern Christian School has developed the following process for any family pursuing enrollment in a grade level currently at enrollment capacity:
- Applicants must complete the entire application process including:
- All application forms, recommendation forms, any academic support documentation and all necessary transcript information
- An in-person interview with acceptance
- Upon acceptance, families will be notified that they have been accepted, but cannot be enrolled until space becomes available for their child/ren
- The Enrollment Office will notify families in the wait pool that they have been selected on a per-student basis as seats become available. Our annual re-enrollment deadline for currently enrolled families is March 31st.
- Upon selection, accepted families have one week to sign their contract and pay their non-refundable tuition deposit to guarantee their spot.
- Families in the wait pool receive the same non-discrimination status as all families in our school. This statement reads, “Eastern Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, programs and activities made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletics or any other school administered programs.”