EC Busing Information
- We created a network of “community stops” that will give our EC families convenient access to our routes in grouped locations.
- These stops are at a convenient, safe, regional location that may require students to walk or to be dropped off by a parent. The same stop will run both morning and afternoon.
- These stops will come at a 50% discount to EC families! The cost will be $1,000 for 2-way busing which is currently equal to the $1,000 ‘Aid-in-Lieu’ funding provided to the vast majority of EC families living in New Jersey. This means that, if you choose the community stop model the service will come at no out-of-pocket cost to your family!
Pick Your Stop Along an Established Route
- This option allows you to choose your own stop along one of our established routes. We have posted a master bus route map which articulates where EC buses go. EC families will be able to find out where the buses are going and meet us at a point along the route.
- Stop requests must be on the right hand side of the street and be approved by our Transportation Director.
- Cost for this 2-way busing will be $1,500 per child (or $1,000 for 1-way).
- Intercampus shuttle service will remain in place, and remains the most affordable way to transport your child. 2-way shuttles are $750.00 per child. (1-way shuttle is $500).
2018/2019 EC Bus Route Options and Pricing**
Mix or match options for AM and PM on the chart below to see your cost. Select busing needed for the AM and place your finger on the chart. Then select busing needed for the PM and place your finger on the chart. Now glide your fingers down and across until they meet. That is your yearly cost.
|AM No Busing||AM Shuttle||AM Community Stop||AM Pick a Stop in Route|
|PM No Busing||0||$500||$500||$1,000|
|PM Community Stop||$500||$1,000||$1,000||$1,250|
|PM Pick a Stop in Route||$1,000||$1,250||$1,250||$1,500|
** A one time busing change will be permitted at the semester break ONLY. From this point forward there will be no changes in fee collection during a semester.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How do I sign up for busing?
A: Simply fill out the Transportation Request Form
Q: How do I know if I quality for the $1,000 Aid-in-lieu from my town?
A: Please contact your local Board of Education to verify. Then file a B6T Form with EC’s Director of Transportation. Forms can be found here.
Q: Is my Pre-K or Jr. K Child eligible to receive busing at EC?
A: No. The state of New Jersey requires that all bus riders be enrolled in a Kindergarten class (or above)
Additional questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Towns are Eastern Christian Students From?
|Town||Number of Students|
|Ho Ho Kus||2|
|Upper Saddle River||1|
|West New York||1|