Welcome to the Media Center!
Come in to find a good book, take AR quizzes, do research, type, create media presentations, create music, and find a quiet place to work. Don’t forget to visit the New Books section!
Accelerated Reader (AR) Program and quiz lists
Besides being a great way to travel to far-away lands or imaginary places, reading is an important way to build your vocabulary and it helps with mental development and creativity. It is vital to develop a habit of reading 20-30 minutes a day.
What is AR?
Accelerated Reader is a program designed to get students excited about reading. Each AR book has a quiz which is taken on the computer. When the student passes the quiz, they receive points. Every quarter the students set a goal of how many points they plan to earn for the quarter.
At the end of each year, students who have gone above and beyond receive a certificate and/or get their name listed on the “Reading Wall of Honor.” To receive a certificate, read over 250 points in a year. To get your name up on “The Reading Wall of Honor:”
- Read over 500 points in 1 year.
- Read over 1000 points over 4 years (eighth graders only)
Accelerated Reader Lists
- AR Author Quizzes
- AR Book Level 4 (Less than four) Quizzes
- AR Book Level 4 Quizzes
- AR Book Level 5 Quizzes
- AR Book Level 6 Quizzes
- AR Book Level 7 – 8 Quizzes
- AR Book Level 8 Quizzes
- AR Title Quizzes
Online Research Databases
Besides the 12,000 books and reference materials in the Media Center, there are many electronic means to help students with their research. Here are a few:
- NetTrekker – helps students connect to over 300,000 of the best online resources, aligned with state standards and organized by readability and grade level.
- EbscoHost – is a gateway to numerous online databases, including Student Research Center, Kids Search, Novelist, Points of View, and many more.
- eBooks – is the Gale Virtual Reference library. Whatever reference or non fictional books we do not have can be found here.
- WorldBook Online – has thousands of articles, state-of-the art multimedia, editor-reviewed Web sites, periodical content, and more. It also has primary source documents (books, documents, selections) fully integrated with the encyclopedia content. Research and teaching tools include timelines, a citation builder, and saved research.