An annual highlight of the Elementary School calendar is our 100th day of school. Every year, students, teachers, and administrators find new and creative ways to celebrate our 100th day of learning.
This year, however, the 100th day held an even more special place in our hearts and minds as we are truly thankful for 100 consecutive days of learning at EC, despite substantial challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
But COVID couldn’t stop our 100 day celebration! Just a few highlights:
- Everyone played in the snow
- Many students dressed up as if they were 100 years old
- K students entered the classroom through a giant 100 sign
- K students baked a giant chocolate chip cookie with 100 chocolate chips
- K showed what 100 objects look like
- 2nd grade had a 100 book challenge – read 100 books by the 100th day of school
- 3rd grade wrote and illustrated things that they’ve heard 100 times
- Our awesome PTO provided pizza hot lunch
- Remote learners joined the fun too, participating in activities as well!
Thanks to all of our teachers for making this day such a fun learning celebration. Most of all, we’re thankful to our awesome God who continues to provide for us and protect us. It truly is amazing that we have been able to safely and confidently run on campus and remote school options for our families for over 100 days!
Blog, Elementary School, Preschool