School’s done for summer, but that doesn’t mean Eastern Christian stops. Quite the contrary! A lot of good work happens on our campuses over the summer. In this recurring Blog series, we take a look at 10 reasons to get excited about next school year
Reason #1 EC’s Quasquicentennial
Eastern Christian School is New Jersey’s oldest and largest Christian School. We were founded in 1892, which means that, in the fall of 2017, we will turn 125 years old! While we’ve already kicked off the festivities in January, the entire 2017-18 school year will be filled with key celebrations around this major milestone. In particular, set your calendars for a very special Homecoming Weekend, October 20 and 21.
Quasquicentennial fun facts:
- Quasquicentennial really is a word. And yes, we had to look it up.
- At 125 years old, Eastern Christian School is older than the automobile and human flight
- When our school was founded, most families from our school community didn’t have indoor plumbing.
- We’re older than 6 US States: Utah, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska, and Hawaii
- Both our crest and the famous crest of Liverpool Football Club (one of England’s most storied soccer clubs) bears the founding year “1892”