Accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education, Eastern Christian High School offers a strong college preparatory program and general and business programs for students going immediately to careers. Well qualified instructors teach their subjects from a Christian perspective. Students are constantly challenged to put their faith into action. The "Faith in Action" program is one such project that requires students who enter High School to volunteer time for community service.
Parents and students applying will want to bear in mind that the atmosphere is distinctively and purposely Christian and that the course work is stimulating, challenging and rigorous.
- Four years of pre-college preparation in English, math, science and social studies
- Foreign languages: French, Latin and Spanish
- Elective courses in business, art and science
- Outstanding music programs: Concert Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Choir, Chamber Singers and Gospel Ensemble
- Resource Room for students who need individual assistance
- Competitive sports program with teams participating in the North Jersey Interscholastic League.
- National Honor Society
- Yearbook and School Newspaper
Our Middle School is the bridge between elementary and high school. Here, students continue learning basic skills and in addition learn study skills and habits necessary for serious academic work in high school. The Middle School program is departmentalized, providing instructors who are teaching in their areas of expertise. At the same time, we recognize the unique needs of rapidly growing middle school students by offering a rich variety of academic and practical learning opportunities during daily "activity periods." Conscious of the spiritual capacity of middle school students, all subjects are taught from a Christian perspective and help students make ethical decisions.
- Daily devotions and weekly chapel
- Departmentalized instruction in academic subjects
- Advanced classes in algebra
- Resource Room to assist students who need individual help
- Outstanding music program offering Band, Choir and Orchestra
- State-of-the-art Media Center
- Competitive boys' and girls' teams in Soccer, Basketball and Track
The Eastern Christian Elementary School offers a complete academic education with a spiritual dimension complementing the teaching of both home and church. Teachers provide an environment where children feel secure, loved and respected. Students are encouraged to develop a love for learning as they develop basic skills for a lifetime of education.
- Daily devotions and Bible lessons, weekly chapel services
- 90 minutes of daily Language Arts instruction including phonics, reading, writing and speaking
- 60 minutes of daily math instruction incorporating Mastering Math Facts with real world problems
- Cutting edge technology for student use including two computer labs and SmartBoards in classrooms
- Spanish instruction for grades 2-4
- Comprehensive music program for Preschool-4th grade